I’m off and running!
I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time. My first thought was…do I have anything to offer that anyone would be interested in reading? To be honest, I really do not have any great hobbies or interests. My girls have often been heard saying to me and each other…”Mama knows”. So I thought, do I know? If so, what do I know?
- I know how to be a Mom-Anyone who knows me knows that I think this is the best job as well as the hardest job in the world. If you are going to be good at it, you have to work very, very hard. That does not mean that you are perfect. Goodness knows I have owned up to some parenting practices that I would not recommend to anyone else. Although, at the time I was doing my best and of course what I thought was best. More to come on that subject!
- I know how to be a nurse-I have been an RN for the past thirty-four years. This career suits me well and I could not imagine myself doing anything else. I work in Home Health and Hospice and have been told numerous times that it takes a very “special” person to do this job. I do not feel special. To me it just feels very natural.
- I know how to do things efficiently. I can get crazy amounts of work done in a short amount of time. I attribute a lot of this to my undiagnosed “OCD”. I plan to share some of these tips in later blogs.
- I know how to give advice. Sometimes this is unsolicited but I find myself doing it anyway! I love to listen to people and try to help them find a solution to their problems. I think is why my girls say “Mama knows” more times than not. I don’t really know all the answers but it does seem like when I tell them something is going to work out or how it’s going to happen it often times will. I must have an aura about me regarding my ability to give advice, as I have had complete strangers open up to me while on a plane, in public restrooms, restaurants, while waiting in a checkout line and other various places.
- I know how to plan trips! I love to travel and research vacation destinations. Some people find this a daunting experience but it is truly a natural high for me. It is on my bucket list to travel all fifty states in the U.S. I currently have nine states left. Much more travels tips/ideas to come in future blogs!
- I know how to save money. I am a bargain shopper. I love to clip coupons. I love to get discounts on everything I purchase. I’m not to the point where I deprive myself of things that are important to me just to save a buck. It feels almost like a game to me. I have found myself feeling ridiculously giddy when I have saved a bundle on a purchase.
Well, my list is short so obviously I don’t know everything but I hope that this blog turns into a great hobby for me and can maybe bring some enjoyment to others who read this.